- In January 2019 Leslie K shared that their website was not appearing in searches on Google for relevant search terms with any significant frequency.
- They were known as a hair and nail salon for mostly mature clients.
- They wanted to grow their customer base to reflect a younger, more ethnically diverse demographic and to promote all of their services.
- They wanted bookings to be driven through their booking portal.
- Leslie K Hair and Nail Salon was not well known in Meriden and surrounding towns.
- The Homebase Digital team created a comprehensive plan to establish Leslie K’s overall marketing presence, including the website and its SEO strength, social media, print, and digital directories such as Google My Business, Yelp, Yellowpages.com, including paying attention to online reviews posted and the accuracy of the business’s online listings information.
- Identified the growth opportunities that could be achieved in the individual services daily, weekly, monthly and annually without employing additional staff.
- Identified that there was a constant and growing need for their services in the targeted towns and demographic.
- Identified the USP (unique selling proposition) for Leslie K. Why should someone choose this salon to do their hair and nails?
- Assessed the different target customer profiles and strategize how to reach them.
- A new website built on a modern robust WordPress platform
- Targeted digital display campaign to increase and improve brand visibility in Meriden and surrounding cities and to promote different services each month.
- Google Search Engine Marketing SEM: there are several thousand searches on average each month for the services that Leslie K provides. SEM gave Leslie K the opportunity to appear more prominently on the first page of Google search results.
- On-site SEO to boost the organic search results on Google.
- Reputation Management to align the accuracy of online directories information and to manage reviews and ratings.
- Leslie K continued doing their social media postings on Facebook. Homebase advised and ensured that all platforms had some amount of uniformity in messaging.
- Newspaper advertisements reaching 100% of households in Leslie K’s targeted towns.
After less than a month Leslie K. was excited that they had been told by several people (customers and non-customers) that their message was seen online and in print. Even more exciting for her was that bookings came in through the bookings portal within that period. Over the next few months there were several more alterations to the messaging to her target audience based on new promotions each month. There were more walk ins and bookings increased significantly.
“I am very pleased by the work that Homebase has done. They have been great coaches leading me in the right direction to grow my business. I would highly recommend working with them to market your business.” Leslie Kogut, owner of Leslie K. Hair & Nails